What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns can improve or support the integrity of a damaged tooth and improve the appearance of a tooth. Whether your tooth has suffered damage from decay or injury, or you want to enhance the appearance of a tooth, dental crowns will make your smile both more beautiful and more functional.
What is CEREC®?
Dental crowns can improve or support the integriCEREC®? is an innovative technology that utilizes computer aided design and manufacturing techniques, also referred to as CAD/CAM, to scan, mill, and finish a ceramic crown all within about two hours! Ensuring you receive your dental crown on the same day and in the same sitting, saving you the time of a second appointment, as well as the 1-2 week wait typically needed for traditional crowns. This technology is trusted and tested, providing the same high-quality, durable, and long-lasting crowns you would get with a traditional lab-made crown.
What do dental crowns in Buda, TX treat?
Dental crowns are a powerhouse dental treatment that can be both restorative and aesthetic.
Protect a weak tooth
Cover a dental implant
Support a dental bridge
Restore a broken or worn tooth
Cover a tooth after root canal therapy
Change the shape, size, or color of a tooth
If you think a dental crown may be right for you, schedule an appointment with Dr. Moser today to get your oral health and self-confidence back on track.
How do same day crowns compare to traditional crowns?
At Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Moser and her team are committed to providing you with absolute best dental care possible. As such, Dr. Moser has made substantial investments in her ability to care for you. When you need a dental crown, she wants to give you the beautiful restoration you need while making your life easier and saving you time and money! Enter: the same day crown. CEREC® same-day ceramic crowns are just as durable and beautiful as traditional lab-made crowns. Some other ways that CEREC® crowns compare to traditional crowns are:
- Digital scans vs. traditional impressions: Although many dental labs are beginning to move to digital scanning for crown creation, CEREC® is strictly digital. This means no awkward or uncomfortable trays are required to take an impression of your tooth. Dr. Moser only need to take a few quick photos of your natural tooth to create a near-perfect restoration.
- In-house milling vs dental lab: When your Buda dentist goes with a traditional crown fabricated by a dental lab, you can expect to wait several weeks to receive your final crown depending upon the lab. This leaves you with a temporary crown and another appointment to schedule. With CEREC®, you get a new crown all in one appointment with no need for a temporary crown.
- One vs two appointments: The most obvious benefit of single-day crowns is the need for only one appointment. You don’t have to wait for the lab to finish your restoration and walk around with a temporary crown for weeks!
Dr. Moser is often asked if CEREC® same-day crowns are better than traditional crowns. The answer is simply, it depends. Dr. Moser will work closely with you to determine whether or not a same-day crown is right for you. All you have to do is call (512)361-0932 to schedule an appointment.
Advantages of CEREC® same-day crowns
CEREC® same-day crowns are quickly gaining in popularity and usage thanks to the wide range of benefits patients receive from the technology. These benefits include:
- Time Saving: Completed in one-sitting, there is no need to schedule a second appointment.
- Money savings: No lab costs, temporary crown, or the need to take time off work for a second appointment means you’re also saving money!
- Bio-compatible: All-ceramic crowns are highly bio-compatible, guaranteeing you won’t have a reaction to the material and ensuring a quick and painless restoration.
- Immediate return of functionality: Same-day installation means no awkward waiting period with a temporary crown and no waiting to get back to your daily life.
- Fewer emergencies: With no temporary crown to dislodge or allow foreign materials in, the need for emergency visits is virtually eliminated.
- Tooth friendly: CEREC® all-ceramic crowns are strong enough to hold up to everyday use while still being gentle enough to not harm opposing teeth or gums.
To learn more about the advantages of CEREC® same-day crowns, schedule an appointment with Dr. Moser, the best dentist in Buda, TX today by calling (512)361-0932.
How the process of getting a CEREC® crown works
More than likely, the The process of getting a CEREC® same-day crown is simple and comparable to the process for a traditional crown, just compressed into a single visit. The process can be broken down into five simple steps.
Preparation for CEREC® crowns is fundamentally the same as for traditional crowns. Dr. Moser removes and decay, cleans your tooth, and prepares your tooth surface for the crown.
Using a small and unobtrusive camera, Dr. Moser takes several quick images of your tooth. This allows her to create an accurate and precise 3D-digital model of your tooth without the need for any physical impressions.
The data from your scan is uploaded to specialized software. This allows Dr. Moser to design a perfectly-fitting crown that conforms to the natural ridges, pits, and shape of your natural tooth.
Once satisfied with the digital design, Dr. Moser utilizes an in-house milling machine to fabricate your crown out of a single all-ceramic block. She will inspect the finalized crown by hand to ensure it meets her strict quality expectations.
Dr. Moser will adhere the completed crown to your prepared tooth surface using a safe adhesive. You’ll be ready to show off your beautiful smile the same day!
Cost of CEREC® same-day crowns
The cost of CEREC® same-day crowns is comparable to the cost of a traditional crown. When you factor in the need for a second appointment required with a traditional crown, and the time off work that requires, the cost is often lower. To learn more about the process, cost, or financing options, contact Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry today at (512)361-0932.