The most comprehensive preventative dental exam in Buda, TX
Preventative healthcare is superior healthcare. At Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, you’ll find complete preventative dental care that will challenge and expand your idea of a routine dental checkup.
Dr. Moser will work with you to get you set up on the path to successful oral health management and exceptional health. Comprehensive examinations are an essential tool and guide on the journey to achieving excellent oral and overall health. They serve as a foundation for your oral healthcare education and empowerment, allowing you to take an active role in your health. Every Comprehensive examination at Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry includes:
- Dental X-rays: Every comprehensive exam includes taking dental x-rays, an essential tool in detecting cavities, decay, jaw, and other bone issues as early as possible.
- Teeth Cleaning: Your hygienist will remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar that brushing alone can’t remove.
- Cavity check: Using a physical exam in conjunction with your x-rays, Dr. Moser will check for cavities.
- Oral Cancer screening: Dr. Moser will check your face, mouth, and other soft tissues for signs of cancer or other abnormalities.
- Airway screening: Dr. Moser will check your breathing and airways for obstructions and ask screening questions about sleep.
- Oral and dental health assessment: Dr. Moser will examine and discuss any concerns she has about your overall oral and dental health, your oral hygiene regimen, your risk for decay, and any gum or bone diseases.
- Patient evaluation: Dr. Moser will take the time to speak with you about your concerns, answer any questions, discuss oral health background, lifestyle, and diet. She wants to understand your goals and expectations to effectively meet and exceed them so that you can live your healthiest life, and what you can do to maintain your oral health.
- Education: Dr. Moser will take the time with you to not only answer any questions you have, but also take the opportunity to teach you about the latest techniques, methods, and technologies she is using to benefit you.
How often do I need a dental exam?
Most people need a comprehensive dental exam and cleaning twice a year. Dr. Moser will work with you to determine how frequently you need to visit to get the most out of your oral health and preventative care.
Great oral health supports great overall health
Did you know that your oral health can have substantial impacts on you overall health? When you get and exam at Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, you get more than just a comprehensive dental exam. Dr. Moser’s advanced knowledge of breathing, airways, and facial structure coupled with her genuine commitment to you and your overall health means your dental exam is never just an exam.
Dr. Moser strives to be an integral part of your healthcare team, always looking out for your best interest. In addition to dental health concerns, she has successfully diagnosed and treated breathing and airway issues, helping her patients to lead their most fulfilling and best life possible. You deserve to show up to your life fully, and preventative dental care can help you do just that.
3D cone-beam Imaging
At Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, you have access to some of the most advanced imaging technology available. Dr. Moser’s investment in 3D cone-beam imaging offers a wide range of benefits for you, including:
Reduced exposure to X-ray radiation
Scans allow for imaging of bones and soft tissues alike
Scans produce high-resolution 3D images that are easier to interpret
High resolution scans allow for highly accurate and precise data to be obtained
A single, quick scan captures a wide variety of images from a large number of angles
The data captured via 3D imaging allows Dr. Moser to take accurate and precise measurements that can be extremely useful in planning for implants, crowns, veneers, and other dental procedures. This ensures your procedure gets done right the first time.
Fluoride and sealants
At Moser Family & Cosmetic dentistry we recommend a fluoride varnish for all patients over the age of three. Additionally, we offer a wide range of fluoride products and services from Elevate Oral Care to ensure your child’s teeth stay healthy, strong, and cavity-free.
Fluoride helps teeth build stronger mineral bonds and protect them from the acids created by the bacteria in our mouths. Although fluoride is present in some foods, toothpastes, and even water, Dr. Moser recommends applying a fluoride varnish during routine cleanings for everyone over the age of three to set you and your child up for a lifetime of strong, healthy, and cavity-free teeth.
Even when we have excellent oral health regimes, it can be difficult to reach every nook and cranny of your tooth with brushing and flossing alone. As a result, cavities can form, even in the strictest brushers and flossers! Sealants are a natural tooth-colored protective coating that will help to prevent the formation of cavities. Applied after a cleaning and exam, these sealants can last several years without needing to be reapplied if maintained through great oral hygiene.
To learn more about these services, schedule an appointment with the best family dentist Buda, TX has to offer by calling (512)361-0932 today!
Why is preventative care important?
It’s simple. Preventative dental care saves you stress, time, and money. Essentially, the most effective treatment is, without a doubt, prevention. At Moser Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we place you and your wellbeing first. Every time.
Not everything can be prevented. We are here for you when emergencies arise!
Though we do our best, accidents and emergencies happen! With Dr. Moser, you will never be left in pain, waiting for the next available appointment. Her goal is to get you out of pain, and back to excellent health as soon as possible. All Moser Family & Cosmetic dentistry patients have access to her emergency dentistry phone line. We promise to be here when you need us most!